New Eco House
New Eco House, Ovingdean
The client wanted a new modern energy-efficient dwelling and was keen on home energy production. The design was conceived to maximise the site’s stunning un-obscured views and potential solar gain. The planning authority had placed restrictions on development, limiting the height of the eves. The project is now on site.
• Green features: Wind turbine, solar thermal panels, rainwater harvesting, super-insulation, use of natural ventilation, compact fluorescent, low energy lighting throughout the building, organic and natural paints and stains
• Water consumption reduction: flow restrictors, spray taps and dual flush toilets
• Timber frame construction with local sweet chestnut cladding and reclaimed slate roofing
• Heating and hot water with wood pellet boiler
• Deep plan areas will be naturally lit with sun-pipe tubes and/or roof lights