Transforming a Townhouse
Garage Conversion, Internal Alterations and Refurbishment to Private Residence, Brighton.
Originally built as a townhouse with large integral garage, occupying the entire ground floor and capable of housing up to 5 cars, that was badly refitted into a games room to form this bachelor pad in Brighton.
The full potential of the property was realised when the old garage was transformed into 2 double bedrooms, a luxurious wet room, utility room and storage facilities. The first floor was reorganised by removing a bathroom and repositioning it in the old study. The space it originally occupied was given over to the living/kitchen space to create a much larger more contemporary open plan space that connected to the courtyard terrace. An old, small flat roofed extension was removed to enlarge the terrace. New sliding/folding doors were installed in the existing openings giving uninterrupted access to the terrace and a new external room.
• High performance windows and doors
• Low flush toilet & low flow rate taps and showers
• Environmentally friendly paints
• Energy efficient light fittings and lamps – compact fluorescents and LED’s
• High levels of insulation
• AAA rated energy efficient appliances
Build Cost: £110k
Photography By: Sam Bland