The journey began five years ago in challenging times with two determined individuals with a dream of crafting beautiful sustainable buildings and an ethical focus to developing an architectural practice.
To applaud the continuing growth of the business and a huge thank you to all our clients, the team and professional colleagues who have helped to shape the practice; a celebratory 5th anniversary party was held. It was fun!
Mindful of our responsibilities a raffle was held and we successfully fundraised for Shelter (http://england.shelter.org.uk) at our new studios. The event was attended by 85 invited guests embracing current and past clients, consultants, press, architects, designers, contractors and lecturers.
An extending hand of gratitude and warmth to all those who graced us with their presence by making it such a special occasion and to those who were unable to make the event but who have supported the practice over the last few years and sent their best wishes.
Together we raised a fantastic £500 for Shelter!
In keeping with the ethos of the practice, the raffle prizes were kindly donated by local businesses:
- Albourne Estate – who donated 3 of their award winning wines http://www.albourneestate.co.uk/
- Riverford Organic Farms – who donated a hamper of wonderful organic produce http://www.riverford.co.uk/
- Heather Edwards – who donated a back, neck and head massage http://www.heatheredwards.co.uk/
- Whirligig – who donated a wooden board game http://whirligigtoys.co.uk/
- Quaff Fine Wine Merchants – who donated a voucher to spend in their shop http://www.quaffwine.com/
- Alex Johnson – who donated a stunning silk screen print and whose artwork currently adorns the studio walls website http://www.alexander-johnson.com/
The gallery of photos below, taken by one of our guests – the talented Alan Bromley, hints at a busy evening.
Music and art form an important part of the team’s working environment which was reflected throughout the evening. Anita Beverton played enchanting solo violin for the first half of the evening and Ian Parker took to the decks for some uplifting tunes during the second half.
Pete Sonntag was officially congratulated for his promotion to Associate.
A huge thank you to, Bright Electrics, who saved the day by installing the lighting at the last minute when we were let down by an electrician.
And, thank you to Harry Ramsden of Brighton who supplied the fish and chip supper which was enjoyed by many.
The journey continues hand in hand with 14 team members and the expansion of the brand with the rise of ZSTa.